Friday, May 5, 2006

GONE CAMPING


I'll be out mosquito-swatting, tent-pitching, forest-wandering, nature-photographing, fire-starting, and moonshine-drinking until Sunday.

So I bring you funny things said by funny people. May they find favor with your funny bone:

"I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me."

"Electricity is actually made up of extremely tiny particles called electrons, that you cannot see with the naked eye unless you have been drinking."

"Another possible source of guidance for teenagers is television, but television's message has always been that the need for truth, wisdom and world peace pales by comparison with the need for a toothpaste that offers whiter teeth and fresher breath."

Dave Barry

"I gotta work out. I keep saying it all the time. I keep saying I gotta start working out. It's been about two months since I've worked out. And I just don't have the time. Which uh..is odd. Because I have the time to go out to dinner. And uh..and watch tv. And get a bone density test. And uh.. try to figure out what my phone number spells in words."

"Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it."

Ellen DeGeneres

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

Robin Williams

2 comments:

Mama Pajama said...

Hi - just found your site via Suburban Bliss. Loved the 'Moments with Jack' post, particularly the 'weenies' comment. Plus, I took a look at your profile and we share a favorite movie ('Eternal Sunshine...') so thought I'd say hello.

Jessi Louise said...

Hello! I have a picture almost identical to the one in your profile with me and my son Dylann. We moved to Georgia from Colorado Springs about 6 months ago and that has to be the Cheyenne Mtn. Zoo?? We loved Colorado and really miss it. Thanks for stopping by!