Tuesday, July 24, 2007

So it's been a while...

I neglect this blog from time to time and although I have moments of great intentions for it, I am just going to accept the fact that blog updating as a priority will come and go. I know that can be annoying, but I figure most people understand.

We moved into our new place and things have been a lot better. The boys can be their crazy selves and I don't have to worry about anyone else's sanity but my own. Because this is northern Minnesota, we don't have A/C and here's how we spent our day today:


I have no idea what the temperature got to in the house, but it's hot and sticky. We spent the day within reach of the fan or the little swimming pool. It was a reminder of the weather we left behind in Georgia, except there it was a lot worse. You walk outside and start sweating immediately. It's like the sun is literally beating the crap out of you.

On another note, my two best friends from high school are both pregnant with their first, due within weeks of each other. And my cousins, who were like my brothers growing up, both had babies on the way until about a week ago when the first finally made his appearance.

He weighed a whopping 9 lbs. 1 oz. and he is 100% soft, squishy and adorable. All the new baby googliness has brought up two feelings. The first is that I want another baby!!!!! The second is that I don't want another baby. The good thing is that it is physically impossible for me to reproduce for at least 7 more months (when Donn gets back), so this little conundrum can wait.

1 comment:

MaGreen said...

i used to live in minnesota. i loved the boundary waters.

i'm jealous you live so close to so many soon-to-be-cousins.