Wednesday, January 9, 2008

One Giant Leap


Well, it's official. We'll be uprooting, shaking the dust off (as if we have had time to gather dust) and be transplanted into the muddy soil of jolly old England for three years! That is, after we move to Georgia and spend a few months there first.

My best friend and her husband just happen to live in the same area we'll be living in (her husband works on a base there, but we never thought we would wind up at the same one, or even in the same country for that matter) so we will be able to trade in the 60 minute phone calls for actual face-to-face conversations (and with food! she cooks really good food!). And the boys will get to experience things like beans for breakfast and public drunkenness!

The next 6 months are going to be crazy! And good!

3 comments:

cameo said...

damn!
but yeah for being with your best friend! whoo-hoo! that, my friend, is called good juju!
sooooo, i guess the ride will be crazy. you'll keep us posted, no?
i have to admit that a part of me is jealous. i wanna go someplace cool to live. maybe in my next life.

Jessi Louise said...

Definitely good juju. I still can't believe how it has worked out. I was beginning to think we would get sent somewhere horrible or boring (definite possibilities) so this was a real surprise.

The ride will probably be crazy, although not too bad because I have someone coming with me. I will be posting as much as I can.

Defiantmuse said...

oooh. I see. England! How fun! My mother lives in London. We just got back actually, we were there for the holidays. have you been??