Friday, April 4, 2008

He'll be here...

Tonight! Well, technically tomorrow morning because it will be in the middle of the night. About 12 hours from now! 15 months of lonely nights spent watching bad TV with a cat in my lap are almost over. As you can imagine, we had a lot to do today to get ready. I took some pictures of us hard at work. First I scrubbed the floors.


Then I pressed all the sheets, using lavender water to give them a nice smell that says "romance".


I also pressed the children's attire for tonight's ceremony.


I did NOT allow them to plaster their bodies with Hispanic tattoos of catholic figures that they bought at a restaurant the other day while mommy stuffed her face.


Oh wait, I mean I did do that. The tattoos go nicely with Jack's black eye from an unfortunate trampoline incident. The Latin Kings would be proud.

Alright, so I didn't spend the day baking and cleaning. But I did spend some time doing those things. I also spent a good amount of time having uncontrollable spasms of excitement where I scream and jump 10 feet in the air. I thought it would be good if we went outside for a while to get some fresh air and minimize the freakish outbursts.

Jack noticed that something was actually growing in the pots where we had planted seeds.

Who knew green stuff could shoot out of the dirt like this? Holy smokes!

Here I am busily making a quilt with one square for each day Donn was gone.


Oops, nevermind.

Alright, time is passing and I need to go get spastic. Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Becky said...

OH, HOOORAY!