Thursday, April 24, 2008

Movin' on Up

Hello there! From in here...in the computer! Where I live!

You're probably wondering what is up with dear old weeza and why nothing is ever updated anymore. Okay, so I'm sure you weren't wondering at all and you probably wound up here accidentally after you did a search for Weezie from The Jeffersons and here you are....welcome! Fish don't fry in the kitchen and beans don't burn on the grill, took a whole lot of trying just to get up that hill.

Things have been busy around here, the very good kind of busy. But since Donn got back I've been afflicted with a little something I call complete relaxation. I have certain telltale symptoms like suddenly falling into a deep sleep while eating a sandwich and sitting around smiling for no reason like some kind of optimistic person or something. I tried to explain to Donn that it's a good thing that I can't seem to stay awake now that he's here. I'm so glad you're home! I'll tell you more about it after I wake up!

The children have been all over him like rabid monkeys, but they are starting to get used to having him around and someday soon maybe they will remember their dear old mom, the chopped liver over here in the corner...eating worms. It's been good though, watching them relay every event of the past 15 months to him in bits and pieces. It goes like this:

Dylann: Dad

Donn: What

Dylann: Dad

Donn: What

Dylann: Dad. Dad. Dad?

Donn: What is it, Dylann?

Dylann: Ha, ha ha...I don't remember what I was going to say. Can I have a juice box?

Then five minutes later the scene repeats itself. I think they're just reassuring themselves that he's here and that he's listening. Right now he's on leave from work, so he is pretty much always here to listen. And to wonder why his wife falls asleep on the toilet. Goodnight.

5 comments:

cameo said...

yeah! you're back.
i actually almost left you a comment last night that went a little something like this.
"hellllooooo? we miss you. please come back."
and lo and behold - the powers that be sent you the message another way.
whooooooaaaaaa.
glad to hear you're relaxing. i have no concept what that is.
but keep it up as long as you can!

cameo said...

and you know what? there is no picture of you anywhere on your blog.
'xcuse me for being nosey, but i wanna see you.
so be brave - post a pic already.
(please)

Kathy said...

Awww, that's really sweet.

Welcome back.

Aunt Becky said...

Hehehehe. Sounds like my big son.

And awesome. I was beginning to wonder if I'd forgotten to add you to my google reader account. Then I felt guilty. Because I'm insane.

April & Pedro said...

Hey wiener! You're funny! Who knew? :P This post was hilarious. Miss you!!!!!!