Monday, July 21, 2008

Rubbish and poppycock

During the past four weeks we took a 2 week trip up north to Minnesota and Michigan (3,200 miles roundtrip - ugg) and since then we have had a slew of appointments to get ready for school and moving. School starts here in about 2 weeks. After 6 weeks in the Georgia school system, we make the big move and the boys will get to experience the British school system.

Here is what I know about how schools might be in England (based on watching Harry Potter and Mary Poppins):

1. They wear uniforms that make them look like little collegiates - Brilliant!
2. They say things like "Ello Guvnah!"
3. The bus drivers know how to drive on the wrong side of the road - Talented!
4. They call garbage rubbish and they use the word poppycock.
5. The teachers have names like Mrs. Perrywinkle and Mr. Tweedy

That's all I need to know. I don't care if they still beat the kids with rulers, I'm sold.

As you can see, I am completely on top of things here. We should be totally prepared when we get there.

2 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

Bwahahahah! "If they still beat kids with rulers, I'm sold."

You're bloody brilliant, lover.

Lulabelle said...

It's been over two years since I moved here and though I've stopped noticing their obsession with the word COCK, I still get surprised by some of their expressions.