Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Blood and guts and gore!

I have 19 days until my due date and I think I am losing my mind. I have been having contractions on and off for a few days. They come regularly about 20 minutes apart for a while and then completely disappear. Dylann was early and Jack was early, so every morning I wake up and feel "weird" in some way and I become convinced that I'm about to give birth. Then I think, gee, I should do the laundry and clean the bathroom in case I really am about to go into labor...so I don't have to worry about it later. But that would mean I would have to get up and move around, which is not enjoyable when it feels like a baby is hanging so low in your pelvis it might fall out.

I've been trying to distract myself with other things, like simultaneously watching a nature documentary and reading some crappy Michael Crichton book about gorillas in the congo that want to kill you. Also the boys are on summer break, so I have their constant wrestling matches and showering the living room with legos to distract me. And my understanding husband to say supportive things like, "I don't remember you complaining this much the other two times." HaHa! He's going to need a new schtick when we get to the delivery room!

Today I distracted myself by reading birth stories on some of my favorite blogs. Well, it was sort of a distraction even though it was all about BIRTH and BABIES coming out and OH THE PAIN! I have to put up a link to Henry's birth story from Finslippy because it made me laugh so hard I had tears streaming down my face and my kids kept asking me what was so funny or am I just stuck again. Every time I sit down a little too long in one place they ask me, "Are you stuck again??" No kids, just lazy! But thanks for your concern.

No comments: