Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Cheeky Update

Wow, this blog has become very neglected! I've sat down a few times and started to write posts about things we've been doing over the past few months, but obviously it hasn't gone anywhere beyond my draft box. I'm not sure why I stopped updating here. My only excuse is that life has gotten crazier than usual in our little nuthouse and this blog fell by the wayside.

So how is everyone out there? I haven't seen you in so long! You look great, by the way!

I have been moving along with my classes, working on the biggest class load I've taken so far. It was a little stupid of me to think taking 4 online classes at the same time would be manageable. I'm about halfway through and not sure if I will be able to pass them all. There just isn't enough time. And things like Helena's gigantic kissable cheeks, Dylann's incessant requests to play catch, and Jack's multitude of "projects" he wants help with always take priority.

Have you met Helena's cheeks yet?

As my friend very correctly put it, her cheeks precede her. And she has a smile that never fails to break through whatever crabby mood I'm in and turn my heart into a million tiny stars. She brightens all our days so much I wonder how we survived so long without her.


And my boys are busy growing up into little men. I look at them and try to remember when they were Helena's size, but it's impossible. I can't match the grown up boys they've become to the babies they once were. They are busy being real little people with their own lives who go to the park without me and advise me about what is cool (sports, weapons, killer zombies) and what is NOT (mom walking you into the classroom). I must admit, they are definitely cooler than I ever was.

In February we took a trip to Spain - not warm, sunny southern Spain where most people go, but cold, mountainous northern Spain, where no one spoke more than a few words of English. We didn't even run into any other English-speaking tourists during the whole trip. We had an amazing time, except for the drive back which was ridiculously full of crud. I started a blog post about it. I'll finish it one of these days.

I'm going to try to show up here more often. Please feel free to leave a comment or two as long as you're not a meanie. I hope your weekend contains the maximum amount of good times your cheeks can handle.

4 comments:

Nat said...

That is some hair she has there!
Did you go to Bilbao and that region? We drove to Toledo Last year from London with the two kids! SO much fun we loved it!

Jessi Louise said...

We weren't too far from Bilbao, but closer to Santander. The scenery was gorgeous, but if we ever go back we will definitely fly!

bumblingalong said...

she is just too adorable!

My little one has similarly proportioned cheeks...

mama p. said...

Ah what adorable cheeks they are, little cutie
I love baby cheeks, I could smush them all day